Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Furnace Died

I woke up this morning to a furnace that won't ignite on a day that thankfully isn't below freezing. However, the part my furnace needs won't be here for a couple of days and the temperature is quickly dropping. While the situation isn't dire, my winter survival stock is finally being put to the test. The warm clothing and thick down blankets I have stored away for an emergency situation is now needed and man am I ever happy I took the time to plan for this.

Even though the temperature inside my house will soon be close to the same as outside, I know it won't be forever. This is a temporary situation unlike disasters we may face in the future. Luckily, I get to use this as a practice run and when the house gets too cold, I'll be reaching over and kicking on the space heater for added comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment