Thursday, July 24, 2014

Food Rotation and Survival

So, I was meandering through my supplies this week and noticed I have violated my own cardinal rule: I failed to properly rotate my stock and was forced to throw away a large amount of canned food.

Thankfully, this loss isn't detrimental because I can just go to the store and replenish my supplies. But what if Shit Hit The Fan before I realized a large portion of my food supplies were spoiled? My family would be in dire straits because of my oversight and I could blame no one but myself.

I consider this discovery both a negative and a positive. Positive because everyday I do not need my emergency supplies is a good day. Positive because I learned to keep a better eye on expiration dates. Negative because I just wasted a lot of food which could have been used up had I paid better attention.

Small mistakes today can have large impacts tomorrow if we are not properly prepared. I hope by reading this, you will double check all of your supplies.

Keep on prepping!


No comments:

Post a Comment